Central Coast Equine Center
Central Coast Equine Center
A private facility where care of the horse is priority. Located in a quiet and beautiful setting!
A full care facility.
511 East Tefft St., Nipomo, CA (805)598-3717
- 265’ x 140’ arena with dressage court, jumps, lunging area, mirror and lights.
- Arena watered and dragged.
- Some trail access on 20 acre property, at end of Tefft St. (gravel road for several miles), and around perimeter of lemon orchard, as well as C.C.E.C. property.
- Round pen, with sprinkler
- Wash rack with hot and cold water
- Feed room
- Quality feed
- Quality care
- Community tack room
- Private tack rooms
- Trailer parking
- Large turnout
- 9 stall lighted barn with paddocks
- Outdoor paddocks with shelter and mats
- Extra large paddocks with shelter
- Mare pasture and gelding pasture with shelter.
- Personnel on property 24 hrs. Two professional horse trainers on site. We are open to all disciplines, all breeds, and all levels of experience.
- Private, quiet facility located in a safe location on private property, with beautiful scenery.
MONTHLY BOARD RATES
*** Must be in minimum of 2 day per week training with Karen or Tim to board at C.C.E.C. ***
All stalls are matted 12’x12’ box stalls with a 24’ paddock, bedded with a fresh bag of shavings every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. If needed, additional bedding may be purchased at the current price per bag from C.C.E.C.
24’ x 48’ PADDOCKS $325
EXTRA LARGE 100’ PADDOCKS $370
* Mare pasture
* Gelding pasture
* You may supply your own feed for a $90/month reduction from your board rate. (Not an option for horses in pasture.)
* Barn and paddocks are cleaned daily. Pasture is dragged regularly.
- Trailer parking: $20/month, space permitting.
- Extra feed: At going price per pound. Currently $.20/lb.
- Graining: 1x/day (AM or PM) = $15/mo.
2x/day (AM and PM) = $30/mo.
* All grain must be pre-made, in labeled bags in storage bins in grain room or in front of horse’s pen. Any feed other than the horse’s main source of food is considered grain (supplemental pellets, grain, supplements, treats, etc.) Additional fees will be assessed depending on if we have to measure, add, mix water, medications, etc. Graining services are not available to horses in pasture.
- Blanketing: 2x/day (Off, AM and On, PM) = $40/mo.
* Blankets must be easily accessible near horse, and horse must be safe for ranch workers to blanket.
- Flymask: 2x/day (On, AM and Off, PM) = $20/mo.
- Turnout: (weather permitting)
1x/week = $10/month
2x/week = $20/month
3x/week = $30/month
4x/week = $40/month
5x/week = $50/month
- Training: Two professional trainers on site, Tim and Karen Cornelius. Training offered in the following areas: colt starting, problem horses, roping, dressage, hunter/jumper, and more!
- Full Service Package: Get full service blanketing, graining, flymask, turnout, etc. in a bundle package at a reduced rate, all for $100/month.
* Services are not prorated.
- Handling Fee: If you need us to handle your horse for the vet or farrier, we are happy to do this for $60/hour.
- Board is due on the first of the month. A late fee of $15 will be assessed for board paid after the 15th.
- We feed twice per day. Ranch feed provided with board, up to 20 lbs./day: AM: 10 lbs. alfalfa, PM: 10 lbs. forage or oat, or whichever combination of feed you want your horse to have (grass or timothy if forage or oat is not in supply). We weigh all of our feed, whether feed is supplied by us or you, so you are certain your horse is getting fed exactly the amount you want, not too much, not too little.
- If you choose to supply your own feed, we will supply an area to store it, and you will receive a $90/month reduction on your board rate. You will be responsible for supplying the hay and restocking your supply.
- Each horse’s needs are tailored specifically for each individual horse. Feed type, amount, grain, blanketing, turnout, and additional care as needed. Talk with Karen to create a specific care plan to meet your horse's needs. - All boarders have full use of the facility.
- Boarders who have their horse boarded in the barn, may have a tack locker, if one is available.
- Boarders boarded in paddocks or pasture may use the community tack room.
* If you are an incoming boarder arriving after the first of the month, or an existing boarder departing before the last day of the month, you have two payment choice: Pay the full month’s board, or the daily rate as follows (which ever is cheaper for you):
- The daily rate is your monthly board, divided by 15, times the number of days at C.C.E.C.
- Horses arriving for training or departing from training will pay the prorated daily rate, which is the monthly board divided by the number of days in the month, times the number of days at C.C.E.C.)